On Broadway from the beginning.
Dr. Glenn Springer moved to Tillsonburg and set up his optometry practice in August, 1951. Springer Optometry, at that time, was located at 167 Broadway. (the front part of the Strand Movie Theater). The practice was small with Dr. Springer as the OD and one receptionist.
From this location, he expanded to 144 Broadway. (beside Foster’s barber shop). His practice quickly grew and he opened up the basement to allow room for his son, Dr. Dale Springer, to join in 1980. Dale, with respect and admiration for his father, was able to continue on the tradition of Springer Optometry.
In January 1985, Springer Optometry made another move to 161 Broadway. Dr. Dale Springer invested in the TD bank/Bell building and turned it into Dr. Dale Springer and Associates. Glenn continued to work until 1994 at which time he retired and took on a consultation role for his son.
Dr. Dale Springer continued the Springer tradition of giving quality eye care and meeting the vision needs of his patients in Tillsonburg and surrounding area.
On July 17th 2017, Optometrists On Broadway was born. Dr. Dale Springer meticulously planned out every inch of this massive new office. His dream of expanding the desperately needed space while at the same time delivering the small town personal touch to each and every patient had come to fruition and the doors are opened. Presently, this office houses four OD’s and ten staff. The
From humble beginnings, Optometrists On Broadway will never forget its roots and look forward to a long future of serving it’s patients.